ADMINISTRTIVE SET UP
The administrative set up of BENFED is headed by Managing Director , who is the Chief Administrative Officer of the organization . A senior officer from Indian Administrative Service deputed to the position of the Managing Director. Two officers from State services occupying the post of General Manager (Administration) and General Manager(Business) of the organization. The Head Office consists of the following Divisions/Departments.
Head Office of BENFED is situated at Kolkata. It has got 18 branches and 2 Unit offices covering all the districts of the State.
Head Office consists of the following Divisions and Departments.
1.Administration Division: Headed by General Manager (Administration) presently held by Mr. Aveek Bhattacharya.
- Personnel Department is headed by Personnel Manager and assigned the duties of looking after personnel matters of the organization.
- Planning & Development Department: The department is headed by Manager (Planning & Development). The department looks after new business initiatives for diversification of business, utilization of existing infrastructure and Computerisation process of BENFED.
2. Marketing Division headed by General Manager (Business) presently held by Mr. Mohitlal Mandal, comprising the following departments.
- Fertiliser Department: The department is headed by Manager (Fertilizer) and deals in the matter of procurement and distribution of chemical fertilizers through cooperative network.
- Jute Department: The department is headed by Manager (Jute) and responsible for procurement of raw jute under Minimum Support Price of the Govt. of India as agent of Jute Corporation of India.
- Marketing Department : The department is headed by Marketing Manager and is responsible to look after the procurement and disposal of different agricultural produces .
- Inputs Department : The department is headed by Manager (Input) and is responsible for procurement, supply and distribution of different seeds, agricultural inputs. Micro-nutrient, Bio-fertilizer, insecticides, pesticides etc.
3. Engineering Division is under control of General Manager (Business) and comprises of Civil, Mechanical and Refrigeration engineering departments.
- Civil Engineering Department is headed by Engineer-in-Chief (Civil) and is responsible for providing technical consultancy and supervision for construction of Cold Storage, Rice Mills, Oil Mills, Storage Warehouses etc.
- Mechanical and Refrigeration Engineering Department is headed by Engineer-in-Chief (Mechanical) and is responsible for providing technical consultancy and supervision for construction of Cold Storage, Jute Bailing Complex, Oil Mills etc.
4. Accounts, Audit & Finance Division
The division is headed by Chief Accounts and Audit Officer and comprising Finance, Accounts and Audit departments.
- Finance Department: The department is headed by CA & AO and is responsible for management of funds which includes utilization of internal resources , borrowing of fund for business purposes etc.
- Accounts and Audit Department: The department is headed by Manager Accounts & Audit and is responsible for preparation of final accounts and audit thereof by the Directorate of Audit.
Besides the above administrative set up at BENFED Head Office, there are 18 branches and 3 Unit offices. Each revenue district of the State having one branch headed by District Manager and the Units are headed by Unit Manager. Three Unit offices are located at Memari (2-Units) and at Barasat. Unit Manager heads Unit offices.